It’s that time of year again! The sun is shining, the temperature is rising, and your grass may be starting to turn brown. If you’re like most people, you’re probably wondering how to keep your grass green this summer.
Here are a few tips:
1. Water early in the morning or late at night. Watering during the heat of the day can cause evaporation, which will only make your grass more thirsty.
2. Avoid over-watering. Too much water can actually kill your grass. Instead, water deeply and less often to encourage deep root growth.
3. Mow high. Cutting your grass too short stresses it out and makes it more susceptible to disease. Instead, raise your mower blade to the highest setting. This will help your grass retain moisture and stay green.
4. Fertilize properly. Applying fertilizer can give your grass the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. However, too much fertilizer can actually do more harm than good. Be sure to follow the directions on the fertilizer package carefully.
5. Aerate your lawn. Aerating your lawn allows air, water, and nutrients to reach the roots of your grass. This can help your grass stay green and healthy during the summer months.
By following these tips, you can keep your grass green all summer long!
Looking to buy or sell a home in the near future? Get guaranteed results with the #1 RE/MAX Team in Toronto & the GTA.* Contact Frank Leo & Associates for more information.