By clicking submit I agree to be contacted by Frank Leo via call, email, and text. To opt-out, you can reply 'stop' at any time or click the unsubscribe link in the emails. Message and data rates may apply. Privacy Policy

    Yorkdale-Glen Park


    Yorkdale-Glen Park is a neighbourhood located in the central part of North York. Its boundaries start where the Canadian National Railway and Highway 401 intersect. The boundary continues east down Highway 401 to Allen Road. It then goes west along the property line, across Dufferin Street, to the Canadian National Railway. The boundary continues North along the railway back to Highway 401.

    The community was amalgamated into the Metropolitan of Toronto in 1998 as it used to be part of the city of North York.  Many of the homes in Yorkdale-Glen Park were built back in the 1950s and 1960s. The population in Yorkdale-Glen Park grew by 6.3 per cent between 2001 and 2011. 


    During the area’s earliest years, it was inhabited by some of Toronto’s most famous settlers. An early North York pioneer named Henry Mullholland originally owned a patch of land that is known as Lawrence Heights today. 

    The Yorkdale Shopping Centre is a popular destination and it was opened in 1964. The goal was to provide residents of the northern part of the city a cosmopolitan, downtown-style shopping experience. 

    Real Estate

    The majority of homes in this neighbourhood are single-detached homes as they accounted for 41%  of private dwellings in 2016. The rest of Yorkdale-Glen Park has 22% apartments greater than 5 storeys, 16% apartments less than 6 storeys, 11% are row homes, 9% duplex’s and 2% of the homes are semi-detached.

    In 2016, renter households accounted for 38% of the neighbourhood and the remaining 62% were owner households. 


    There are tons of activities and amenities within walking distance of this community. The area has more than 10 parks and schools providing ample activities for children. Among the parks, there are a total of 10 playgrounds, 2 walking trails, 3 baseball diamonds, and 2 cricket fields. 

    There are also 4 sports fields, 8 volleyball courts, 2 basketball courts, 1 splash pad, and 1 wading pool. Those looking for even more to do can enjoy 12 lawn bowling greens, 2 multi-use pads, 2 tennis courts, 1 community centre, 1 gym, 1 outdoor dry pad, 1 outdoor pool and 1 outdoor rick.


    Residents living in Yorkdale-Glen Park have access many different transit opportunities. The neighbourhood includes Yorkdale Station, Glencairn Station, and 212 street-level transit stops. Motorists are just a few minutes from Highway 401 allowing for easy travel east and west.

    Looking to Buy Real Estate in Yorkdale-Glen Park?

    If you’re taken with the urge to explore real estate in Yorkdale-Glen Park, let us know if you have any questions. With 30 years of experience helping 1,000’s of GTA residents buy and sell property, we can address any pressing questions you may have. 

    Contact us to get started on your real estate journey in Yorkdale-Glen Park or call us at (416) 917-5466. One of our representatives would be happy to assist.