On Friday morning, Mayor John Tory announced the official return of a long list of major spring and summer events. Most of these events have either been cancelled or held virtually throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. The Mayor previously suspended the issuing of permits for virtually all of Toronto’s biggest events.
Tory said that the city has been collaborating with organizers over the last few months to make sure residents have a full calendar of street festivals and other special events. It will all kick-off with the St. Patrick’s Day parade on March 20 and continue with the Pride parade and the Toronto Caribbean Carnival this summer.
However, the Canadian National Exhibition wasn’t included in the city announcement. But an organizer at the event later told reporters that the event is “absolutely” on track to return. Mayor John Tory stated “It’s been a very long and dark winter that lasted for a couple of years and it’s been filled with more than its fair share of tragedy, frustration, and hurt. But as with all winters, it does come to an end and it’s followed by a hope that this brought by spring and in this case, the wonderful events that we’re so used to that make our city such a great place to be,”
For more information about the source click HERE