One of the most important pieces of furniture in any home is the cabinets. Not only do they provide storage space for dishes, silverware, and other household items, but they also play a major role in the overall look and feel of your kitchen or bathroom. When cabinets are damaged, it can be a big eyesore and make your entire home look run-down. Fortunately, there are some easy tips you can follow to repair cabinets and make them look as good as new!
1. Inspect the cabinets for any damage. Look for scratches, dents, or other signs of wear and tear. If you find any damage, make a note of it so you can address it later.
2. Clean the cabinets thoroughly. Use a mild soap and water solution to remove any dirt, dust, or grease build-up. Be sure to rinse the cabinets well afterwards so that no soap residue is left behind.
3. If there is any peeling or chipping paint, sand the area down until it is smooth. You may need to use a primer before painting if the damage is extensive.
4. Once the cabinets are clean and prepped, start repairing any damage. Use wood filler to fill in any holes or cracks, then sand the area smooth. For scratches, you can use a furniture marker or crayon that matches the color of your cabinets.
5. When all the damage is repaired, you can start painting or staining the cabinets. If you are painting, be sure to use a paint that is made for use on cabinets. Apply the paint in thin, even coats and allow it to dry completely between each coat.
6. Finally, put all the hardware back on the cabinets and enjoy your newly repaired cabinets!
Looking to buy or sell a home in the near future? Get guaranteed results with the #1 RE/MAX Team in Toronto & the GTA.* Contact Frank Leo & Associates for more information.