1. Keep your washing machine clean. Over time, soap scum, dirt, and other debris can build up in your washing machine, causing it to smell bad. To clean your washing machine, use a mild detergent and a soft brush or cloth. Be sure to clean all areas of the machine, including the door seal, gasket, and detergent dispenser.
2. Use less detergent. Using too much detergent can cause your washing machine to smell bad. When using laundry detergent, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how much to use.
3. Don’t overdo it on the fabric softener. Using too much fabric softener can also cause your washing machine to smell bad. When using fabric softener, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how much to use.
4. Clean your laundry room. Your washing machine is not the only thing that can make your laundry room smell bad. If your laundry room is cluttered or dirty, it can also contribute to bad smells. Be sure to keep your laundry room clean and organized to help prevent bad smells.
5. Air out your laundry room. In addition to keeping your laundry room clean, you should also make sure that it is well-ventilated. Good ventilation will help to prevent bad smells from lingering in your laundry room.
Following these tips will help to keep your washing machine from smelling bad. By keeping your washing machine clean and well-maintained, you can ensure that it will provide years of trouble-free use.
Looking to buy or sell a home in the near future? Get guaranteed results with the #1 RE/MAX Team in Toronto & the GTA.* Contact Frank Leo & Associates for more information.