The warmer weather means that insects will be on the prowl, looking for food and a place to call home. If you have a garden, you’ll need to take steps to keep these pests out so that your plants can stay healthy and thrive. Here are some tips on how to keep insects out of your garden this summer:
1. Keep your garden clean. This means removing debris and dead leaves, as well as keeping the area around your garden free of weeds. Insects are attracted to places where they can find food and shelter, so a tidy garden will be less appealing to them.
2. Use insecticidal soap. This type of soap is safe for use around plants and will kill most common garden insects.
3. Plant insect-repelling plants. Some plants, such as marigolds and garlic, naturally repel insects. Planting these around the perimeter of your garden can help to keep pests away.
4. Use traps. Sticky traps or pheromone traps can help to draw insects away from your garden and keep them out.
5. Keep animals away. If you have birds, rabbits or other small animals in the area, make sure they don’t have access to your garden. This will prevent them from eating the plants or bringing insects into your garden with them.
6. Be proactive. Inspect your plants regularly for signs of insects, and take action as soon as you see them. The sooner you can get rid of the pests, the better chance your plants have of surviving.
By following these tips, you can keep insects out of your garden this summer and enjoy a healthy and thriving garden all season long.
Looking to buy or sell a home in the near future? Get guaranteed results with the #1 RE/MAX Team in Toronto & the GTA.* Contact Frank Leo & Associates for more information.