Dishwashers are one of the most commonly used appliances in the kitchen. They save time and energy by doing the dishes for you. However, like all appliances, they need to be properly maintained to keep them running efficiently. Here are some tips on how to keep your dishwasher running efficiently:
1) Run your dishwasher regularly: This may seem obvious, but running your dishwasher regularly is one of the best ways to keep it running efficiently. Dishwashers that are not used often can start to develop rust and other problems.
2) Clean the filters: Most dishwashers have a filter that traps food particles and dirt. These filters need to be cleaned regularly to prevent them from becoming clogged. Clogged filters can cause your dishwasher to work less efficiently and may even damage the pump.
3) Scrape, but don’t rinse: Before loading your dishwasher, scrape off any food particles or dirt. However, you don’t need to rinse the dishes – the dishwasher will do that for you. Rinsing the dishes beforehand can actually cause your dishwasher to work less efficiently.
4) Don’t overload: Overloading your dishwasher can prevent the water and detergent from reaching all of the dishes. This can lead to dirty dishes and may damage your dishwasher.
5) Use the right detergent: Using the wrong type of detergent can cause your dishwasher to work less efficiently. Be sure to use a dishwasher-specific detergent and follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how much to use.
By following these tips, you can keep your dishwasher running efficiently for many years to come.
Looking to buy or sell a home in the near future? Get guaranteed results with the #1 RE/MAX Team in Toronto & the GTA.* Contact Frank Leo & Associates for more information.