Wallpaper can be a great way to add personality and style to your home. But if you’ve never hung wallpaper before, the process can seem a bit daunting. Luckily, it’s not as difficult as it looks. With a little patience and careful planning, you can successfully hang wallpaper in your home. Here’s what you need to know.
1. Choose the right wallpaper. There are many different types of wallpaper on the market, so it’s important to select the right one for your project. If you’re unsure of what type to choose, consult with a professional at your local home improvement store.
2. Prepare the walls. Before you can hang the wallpaper, you need to make sure the walls are clean and free of any debris. If you’re hanging wallpaper on freshly painted walls, be sure to wait at least two weeks before starting the project.
3. Measure the walls. Once the walls are prepared, it’s time to measure. This will ensure that you have enough wallpaper for the entire project.
4. Cut the wallpaper. After measuring, it’s time to cut the wallpaper to size. Be sure to use a sharp knife or scissors so that the cuts are clean and straight.
5. Apply the adhesive. Most wallpapers come with their own adhesive, but if not, you can purchase it separately at your local home improvement store. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for best results.
6. Hang the wallpaper. Once the adhesive is applied, it’s time to start hanging the wallpaper. Begin at the top of the wall and work your way down. If you’re working with patterned wallpaper, be sure to match up the patterns as you go.
7. Trim the edges. Once the wallpaper is hung, use a sharp knife or scissors to trim away any excess.
8. Enjoy your new walls! With a little time and effort, you can successfully hang wallpaper in your home. Enjoy your new look!
Looking to buy or sell a home in the near future? Get guaranteed results with the #1 RE/MAX Team in Toronto & the GTA.* Contact Frank Leo & Associates for more information.