Taking care of your lawn this summer doesn’t have to be a hassle – follow these simple tips and you’ll have a green, healthy lawn that will be the envy of the neighbourhood.
1. Mow regularly and at the correct height. Depending on the type of grass you have, you’ll want to mow at different heights – consult a lawn care professional or your local gardening center to find out what height is best for your grass. And be sure to mow regularly! A well-manicured lawn is the first step to having a healthy one.
2. Water deeply and less often. It’s better to water your lawn deeply and less often than to give it a light watering every day. Deep watering encourages the roots to grow deeper, making your lawn more drought-resistant.
3. Fertilize regularly. A healthy lawn needs regular fertilization – again, consult a lawn care professional or your local gardening center to find out how often to fertilize and what type of fertilizer is best for your grass.
4. Control weeds. Weeds compete with your grass for water, nutrients, and sunlight, so it’s important to keep them under control. The best way to do this is to pull them by hand when they first appear.
5. Aerate your lawn. Aerating your lawn – simply poking holes in the soil to allow air and water to reach the roots – is important for keeping your lawn healthy. Doing it in the fall, before the winter dormant period, is best.
By following these simple tips, you can have a healthy, green lawn that will be the envy of the neighborhood. So get out there and start taking care of your lawn today!
Looking to buy or sell a home in the near future? Get guaranteed results with the #1 RE/MAX Team in Toronto & the GTA.* Contact Frank Leo & Associates for more information.