Sunlight is one of the most important things for our health and wellbeing. It helps to regulate our sleep patterns, boosts our mood and provides us with Vitamin D. However, during the winter months, sunlight can be in short supply. Here are some tips to help maximize sunlight in your home:
1. Keep your windows clean – This may seem like an obvious one, but it’s important to make sure your windows are clean in order to let in as much sunlight as possible.
2. Move furniture around – Take advantage of the sun’s position and move furniture around so that you can make the most of the light coming in.
3. Hang mirrors – Mirrors reflect light and can help brighten up a room.
4. Paint your walls light colors – Light colors absorb less light than dark colors, so painting your walls in a lighter shade can help make a room feel brighter.
5. Bring plants into your home – Plants not only look nice, but they also help to purify the air.
6. Get rid of clutter – A cluttered room can feel dark and depressing, so getting rid of any unnecessary items can help to create a more positive space.
7. Use solar lights – Solar lights are a great way to add some extra light into your home without increasing your electricity bill.
8. Get a skylight – If you have the option, getting a skylight installed can really help to brighten up a room.
9. Open the curtains during the day – This is an easy way to let in more sunlight.
10. Use task lighting – If you have a specific task that you need to do that requires more light, such as reading or working on the computer, using a task light can help minimize eye strain.
By following these tips, you can help to maximize the amount of sunlight in your home and enjoy all the benefits that come with it.
Looking to buy or sell a home in the near future? Get guaranteed results with the #1 RE/MAX Team in Toronto & the GTA.* Contact Frank Leo & Associates for more information.