fbpx
×






    *All information provided is confidential and your privacy is protected

    FRANK LEO & ASSOCIATES

    #1 RE/MAX TEAM IN TORONTO & THE GTA**
    #1 RE/MAX TEAM IN CANADA***
    #1 RE/MAX TEAM IN THE WORLD***

    Data Breach With a Canada Post Supplier affects 950k Customers

    Canada Post just informed 44 large business customers that information on more than 950,000 customers had been compromised. This happens after one of its suppliers was hit with a cyberattack on May 19. 

    The electronic data interchange solution supplier, Commport Communications, is used by Canada Post to manage shipping manifest data of larger parcel business customers. The postal service said they performed a “detailed forensic investigation,” and there was no breach in any financial information.

    The information that was accessed was from July 2016 to March 2019. Around 97 per cent contained the name and address of the receiving customer and the remaining 3 per cent contained email addresses and/or phone numbers.

    Canada Post said, “We are now working closely with Commport Communications and have engaged external cybersecurity experts to fully investigate and take action.”

    For more information about the source click HERE