fbpx
×






    *All information provided is confidential and your privacy is protected

    FRANK LEO & ASSOCIATES

    #1 RE/MAX TEAM IN TORONTO & THE GTA**
    #1 RE/MAX TEAM IN CANADA***
    #1 RE/MAX TEAM IN THE WORLD***

    New Mobile Concert Tickets Cause Issues for People Without Smartphones

    A woman in Ontario says she has experienced some hurdles to purchase concert tickets as she does not have a smartphone. When the Brampton resident Debbie Ervine realized Elton John was coming to Toronto she “heard he was having a final tour and would never be coming back  to Toronto again, so I thought this is my big chance to finally see him.” Ervine said.

    Many venues in Ontario are switching to mobile digital tickets, as hard copy tickets are easier to steal or counterfeit. However, the only way to download the ticket is on a mobile device and millions of Canadians do not own a smartphone. Statistics Canada says, roughly 90 per cent of people over 15 own a smartphone. That means the other 10 per cent of people may find it difficult to purchase tickets for certain concerts.

    In order to purchase tickets through Ticketmaster, the website explains how to use mobile tickets. One would have to download the Ticketmaster app, locate the order, view your tickets and get into the venue by using the ticket barcode on your phone. Ervine did end up getting her ticket with the help of her friend that has a phone to make the purchase.

    For more information about the source click HERE