Health officials in Ontario are reporting nearly 300 new cases of the novel coronavirus. The government notes that the data reviewed have resulted in an overestimation. On Tuesday, the province confirmed 299 new cases of COVID-19 but the numbers may include some data from 2020.
Officials have said that today’s numbers include an additional 90 Toronto cases from 2020. Today’s case count comes after Monday when officials reported the lowest case count since September 13. The seven-day rolling average in Ontario is now at 278, a decrease from this point last week.
The Ministry of Health said the positivity rate in the province has dropped to 1.6 per cent as they processed 28,306 cases in the last 24-hour period. Ontario is scheduled to enter Step 2 of reopening within the next week as cases stay low.
For more information about the source click HERE