On Monday, health officials in Ontario are reporting at least 2,300 new infections of COVID-19 however, the number is an estimate due to testing restrictions. Officials confirmed that 1,301 people are currently being treated in Ontario hospitals with COVID-19 but they reported 202 people are in intensive care units. Officials said ICU admissions rose by 17 today since Saturday and the number has been increasing for nearly a week.
Last week, 93.0 per cent of Ontarians over the age of 12 had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 91.0 per cent had two doses. The Ministry of Health says the positivity rate is at 19.5 per cent on Saturday and 18.7 per cent on Sunday as it processed over 20,511 tests in the last 24-hour period. Since the beginning of the pandemic, the province has identified 1,222,243 lab-confirmed cases of the coronavirus.
Since December 2020, more than 31,000,000 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the province. The Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Kieran Moore has said that the province’s health-care system can provide adequate care for those individuals if ICU admissions return to levels seen in January.
For more information about the source click HERE